Hair transplant techniques are constantly evolving, and new advancements are being made in the field. Here are some of the latest hair transplant techniques that are being used:
- Robotic Hair Transplantation: This technique uses a computer-guided robotic arm to extract individual hair follicles accurately and precisely. Robotic hair transplantation allows for more accurate, uniform, and consistent extractions compared to manual FUE extraction.
- Stem Cell Hair Transplantation: This technique uses a patient’s own stem cells to promote hair growth and stimulate healing. Stem cells are extracted from the patient’s fat tissues and then injected into the scalp with the transplanted hair follicles.
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy: PRP is a non-surgical procedure that involves drawing a small amount of a patient’s blood, processing it to concentrate the platelets, and then injecting the platelet-rich serum into the scalp. PRP therapy stimulates hair growth and strengthens the hair follicles.
- Direct Hair Implantation (DHI): DHI involves using a specialized device to insert individual hair follicles directly into the recipient area without creating any incisions. With DHI, there is minimal scarring, and the healing process is faster than with other hair transplant techniques.
- Scalp Micro Pigmentation (SMP): SMP is a non-surgical technique that involves tattooing the scalp with tiny dots that mimic the appearance of hair follicles. SMP is an excellent option for people who do not have enough donor hair for a hair transplant or those who prefer not to undergo surgery.
These are some of the latest hair transplant techniques that are being used to help people with hair loss. It is essential to consult with a skilled hair restoration surgeon to determine the best approach for your unique hair transplant needs.